Daily Moon Phases

Sunday, March 6, 2011

From the Vault of Erowid - O.B.E.'s

I've been looking through the Erowid Vaults for interesting out of body experiences and found this one to be well thought out and written...besides others. The one at the bottom is cute.

Nitrous Oxide Revelations of God and Eternity
by William James
 
Dose: Inhaled Nitrous Oxide (gas)
Body Weight: 165 lb

I am a dentist who frequently administers nitrous oxide analgesia to my patients for
routine oral surgical procedures. I have studied the drug from a medical standpoint for
many years and most of my knowledge dealt with lung function, titrating to effect, etc.
I have become increasingly aware of a phenomenon with my patients when nitrous
oxide is administered at seventy percent for a reasonable amount of time. Once a
patient was right at the edge of not being able to understand my voice. I would tell
them to take six deep breaths in through their nose and out through their mouth. After
completing this many patients pupils would dilate and become fixed for a time. Upon
starting to come down many would speak of God and Jesus, deceased loved ones, and a
profound realization that faded as they entered back into this world. Most of the time
patients are embarrassed by their actions afterward and just sit bewildered.

I decided to experience the effects for myself to see what exactly they are experiencing.
I have experimented five times with the drug and the mystical nature of it is extremely
intriguing. Basically, at the beginning of the experience one feels what I would call a
'beer buzz'. You are happy and may giggle or find regular things quite amusing. Next, a
stage of confusion begins. If ones eyes are kept open you may hallucinate. I quite
vividly saw things that could not have possibly existed. A patient being wheeled down
the hall, a nurse pointing out things to a patient on an x-ray, etc. A couple of times I
was included in another world. I guess these were dreams (or were they?). I would try
to reach out and touch the things I was interacting with, but just then I would be
plunged back into this world. I started to believe in ghosts because one time a teenage
Goth looking girl was spitting on the floor and her boyfriend urinated in the hall. These
images are so real it is unbelievable. It is like you are witnessing something that is
going on around you all the time, but finally are able to see as the fog is lifted.

Water is a frequent experience. Patterns would turn into waves like the ocean and
slowly roll by. The next stage experienced is deeper. The face and body start to numb.
The world swirls with vibrant colors and patterns. Some are so recognizable, but you
don't know why. You have the feeling that they are all right before your eyes, but that
the more you are in this world, the less you would allow yourself to see them. The next
level is ascension. This is truly a feeling of getting higher and higher. There is a strange
sound that happens every time and you can only remember it for a few minutes after
the experience. It soon fades when you come back to this world. I just cannot describe
the sound, but it is familiar and expected, but you just don't know why. It is just
cosmic. It is rhythmical and repetitive, but also includes a sound of going up. I know
that does not make sense. You would just have to experience it. The last level is only
achieved for brief moments. The difference in it and going back to being drunk are but
a few deep breaths - maybe even one breath. It is unity, extreme euphoria, and the
realization that God is real. One realizes that you are very small in the universe, but
that you belong.

I couldn't help, but think that drugs must have been how man initially had religious
philosophical experiences - ancient experiences that perhaps a few elite have kept
hidden. Enter secret societies and the illuminati etc. I mean what the hell is all that
anyway? All I know is that government does not want the masses to have these
experiences. It makes you care little about their control over your lives as it puts things
into perspective. This level is so extreme that you do not want to leave. All is well with
the world and you feel like you are getting closer to God; perhaps ascending to be with
him and worship him. Now when I say that, I do admit that I am a believer in Jesus
Christ as the Messiah sent from God to help us understand Him and save us. There is no
way to comprehend God. He is far too great, but at this state you are almost able to
glimpse a little bit of the reality of the universe. I think that you leave your body,
become dissociated from this world, and YOU JUST UNDERSTAND. There are
profound realizations. Everything for a moment makes sense and time stands still
literally. This is one of the strangest things about it.

Now, the reason I believe I was able to recall this so vividly, is because I was ripped
back into this world very suddenly a few times. These times made the biggest
impression on me. Basically, my wife caught me doing the drug and right when I was
at my zenith she slapped the nasal mask off of my face. I descended through the top
levels rapidly and could feel myself coming back into my awareness of this life and
world. Once I got back down to the 'beer buzz' stage that lingered for about a minute. I
am telling you, the difference in feeling goofy and experiencing this trip is but a few
breaths. As you are slapped back into this existence the window closes and the
realizations are taken from you. You hold on to them for a minute or two. I told my
wife over and over, 'I have finally figured it out', only to be discouraged by my lack of
being able to articulate what I realized. It keeps fading and then as you totally become
worldly again you start to doubt it. You say to yourself, 'No, no. I know this is true. I
know it! But it continues to become foggy.

My conclusions about this are many. First of all, many of my patients who are addicted
to substances do not like this experience. Many of them freak out and become panicked.
I had one girl completely lose it and told me she experienced 'burning on the inside'.
People who claim to have no belief in God also are frightened by the trip. Look, I am
not going to preach here, but I am just raising the question; if this is a window into
something else unseen, might those ascending into heaven experience bliss and perhaps
those not ascending may be experiencing something else? I don't know. Just posing the
question.
Also, I have come to the conclusion that this experience mimics death. In fact, I wonder
where in the hell do we go when we are under general anesthesia. Maybe the same
place. Maybe the window just shuts more concretely and you cannot recall anything at
all. Look at anesthesia and any type of numbing medicine or depressants as capable of
simulating a small piece of letting go - death if you will. Stimulants like cocaine bring
you more into this world. They heighten your worldly experiences. Nitrous oxide is
other worldly. Sound crazy? Well I think that the local anesthesia that I administer
every single day is fooling the mind and body into thinking that that part of the body is
'dead'. This experience is similar. The neurons firing in your brain simulate what
happens when you finally let go and relinquish all. Alcohol in certain doses does this to
a lesser extent. You feel loose, slightly numb. But think about if you mix alcohol with
the chemicals of your body. You will have different experiences depending on your
mood. Add endogenous catecholamines to your ethyl alcohol and you have a surly
drunk. Same way with this. Go into it with the right mindset and relax. Let go. Don't
think about this world. Forget it for just a moment.

Be careful though. Don't use a hundred percent nitrous oxide. It can be dangerous. The
bottom line is that I have been profoundly affected by this drug. I am glad to have
experienced it, but I also believe that this is not meant to be. This is an artificial way of
reaching this higher level. My conclusion is that God fully wants us to reach this level
and be with Him constantly. I don't know if he is trying to weed out the pure from the
impure in the universe or what, but this life is a test that we must pass. It is important
to achieve a healthy balance in life. Love truly is the most important thing we have
here. We must seek to love without injuring others or bringing hurt to others. This is
how we experience small pieces of heaven - holding a puppy, hugging your mother,
making love to your wife, helping another person in need; these are small highs that are
not as intense, but over a lifetime will pay off. I now fully understand this reality!

Exp Year: 2004 ID: 36803
Gender: Male  
Added: Jul 1, 2005

---------------------------

I thought this was cute.

Total Out Of Body Experience
Atropa belladonna
by Tloke

Dose: 1 Tbsp oral Datura (seeds)
Body Weight: 130 lb

Me and 2 of my friends ate a tablespoon of jimson seeds which we found around where we live. A couple of hours passed and I didn't believe anything was going to happen and I went home and laid down then blam! It hit me. The whole world began becoming just like a intense LSD trip.

Then I was gone. I escaped my body. I had a near death experience. I traveled to other worlds, spirit worlds, and other creature's worlds. I remember being on a planet like Mars (all red sand and weird rock formations). I was lost and they were really amused with me as I was with them. The aliens, that is. They had big heads, tall, skinny, long arms and legs. These creatures studied me but not with equipment with their large eyes. I also remember seeing transparent spirits among earth then a bright light and the most beautiful music I've ever heard. To put it short I visited ' heaven'. I saw white robed monks floating around. As of this point of time I don't remember the conversation I had with these angels but I had one. While I was in these other worlds I had no control of my body. My mother told me I didn't even know who she was or any one else. She said I was crawling around the house saying I was looking for buds and picking at the floor. I don't remember any of this whatsoever!!

That happened before the ambulance got there and it took 8 big cops to restrain my little ass and strap me down. I don't remember this either or the ambulance ride. The hospital from the little I remember, was hell. The doctors were treating me like total shit! But since I wasn't in my body this didn't bother me much and I wondered how much worse they were treating me. The insights I got about life after death were great but It's something us humans are not prepared to see while on earth. My suggestion is to not do it unless your really into O.B.E.s and interested. Out of my 5 friends 4 of us went to the hospital and got treated like total shit! THERE IS A LIFE AFTER DEATH!

Exp Year: 2000 ID: 2973
Gender: Male  
Added: Oct 5, 2000



No comments:

Post a Comment